Magnetic Stripe Readers are point of sales system or Pos software devices used for interpreting data encoded on a magnetic stripe card.
- To read the encoded information contained in the magnetic stripe that is found on the back of credit card, debit card etc
- To verify the information with the card issuer in real time
- To facilitate the simple function of crediting the account of the vendor
To debit the card holder’s account
- Magnetic stripe readers function by reading the magnetic tape adhered to credit cards, badges, permits, passes and tokens
- Magnetic stripe reader are manufactured based to ISO specifications like – ISO 7810, ISO 7811, ISO 7812, ISO 7813, and ISO 4909
MagStripe readers come in two varieties such as high-coercivity and low-coercivity. High-coercivity MagStripes are harder to erase and best suited for cards that are classified as commonly used. Low-coercivity MagStripes go on a lower deal of magnetic energy to record.